EMEA PR & Communication Manager
Job title :
EMEA PR & Communication Manager
49/51 rue des Docks, 69009 LYON - FRANCE
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe is an entertainment publishing and distribution company known worldwide for its successful video games franchises including Tekken™, SOULCALIBUR™, PAC-MAN™ and Dark Souls™. The company is also a recognised leader in games based on Japanese anime properties including One Piece, Dragon Ball, Naruto™, etc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe also has a bright future to look forward to, with upcoming projects such as Elden Ring, Tales of Arise, Little Nightmares II, more on The Dark Pictures, and many more exciting unannounced projects.
Part of the Japanese BANDAI NAMCO group, an entertainment industry leader with a presence in video games, toys and amusement parks, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe has 15 international offices with operations in 50 countries around the world.
Our company motto is “More fun for everyone”! Find out why you should join the BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe family in Lyon, France by watching this video: https://youtu.be/DGxNW_vzGWo
Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe, based in Lyon, is looking for an EMEA PR & Communication Manager to strengthen the EMEA Communication team. We offer a thrilling experience in a fast-paced and multicultural environment, where you define and implement campaigns for the EMEA & ANZ markets.
Reporting to the PR, Communication & Events Director, you ensure that your allocated brands and titles are well represented in traditional media and across content creation platforms and clearly visible to our audience. In order to do so, you recommend creative PR & Influencer strategies in coherence with the Group's brands and the territories' cultural specificities. You drive day-to-day execution of global communication plans and support our subsidiaries in the implementation of their Comms campaigns.
Your principal responsibilities will be as follows:
- Elaborate compelling EMEA PR & Communication strategies for your portfolio, working closely with the Brand Team
- Plan, write and secure approval for press releases and Media Alerts. Compile PR fact sheets for products based on marketing materials / info
- Manage your allocated PR & Communication budget and report it monthly
- Plan embargo timing of asset delivery to PR teams / media, align with BNEI/A/Asia and involved stakeholders
- Deal with BNE / 3rd party publishers on individual requests from PR teams for specific / exclusive assets and requests
- Liaise with BNE / 3rd party publishers, Production and Engineering on delivery of Pre and Review versions of games to PR teams in EMEA territories
- Liaise with development teams, producers and management for timely delivery of Q&A's for PR teams / media
- Create and be able to participate in all EMEA based events held by BNEE. Manage the guests during events
- Create reports and manage our tools for reporting of titles and assist Event Manager in creating post mortems for events
- Insight in competitor's PR and communication activities in order to improve Group communication strategies
- Suggest ways to improve the department activities, level of service and ROI
Experience, qualification and skills:
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in PR and Communication in an international set up in the video game or entertainment industry
- Local market experience is a plus
- Passion for video games and other forms of entertainment
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), other languages are a plus
- Intercultural knowledge of Global markets
- High level of organization and the ability to work independently
- Ability to deliver first class written and verbal presentations
- Project oriented, capability to handle several projects at the same time
- Ability to manage process and workflows through multiple departments and offices (Internal, territory and 3rd party)
How to apply?
- Passionate, leader, strong drive, proactive
- Creative thinker with common sense
- Ability to be a strong team player in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to express oneself clearly and also to be able to identify potential problems/issues and react/advise accordingly
- Professional and diplomatic
- Excellent inter-personal skills, ability to establish trustworthy relationships internally, with the territories, developers and media
- Deep entertainment culture in video games, music, movies, entertainment, books
Please send your resume and cover letter in English through our Website.