EMEA PR and Communication Manager
Job title :
EMEA PR and Communication Manager
Find out why you should join the BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe family in Lyon, France, HERE
“More fun for everyone”
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe is part of the Japanese BANDAI NAMCO group, an entertainment industry leader with a presence in video games, toys and amusement parks, and operates in 50 countries around the world.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe succeeded over the last few years in setting up and developing our business across the EMEA region. We hold the leading position in the Japanese animation segment (One Piece, Dragon Ball, Naruto...), we successfully develop our historical and new franchises (Tekken™, SOULCALIBUR™, PAC-MAN™, Dark Souls™), and we publish and distribute titles for major video game companies (CD Projekt Red, Level 5, Little Orbit...).
The EMEA HQ in Lyon is looking for a passionate EMEA PR & Communication Manager to strengthen its Communication team. We offer a thrilling experience in a fast-paced and multicultural environment, where you define and implement European & Australasian-wide PR and communication campaigns.
Reporting to the PR, Communication & Events Director, you ensure that your allocated products are well represented in the media and then clearly visible to our consumers. In order to do so, you recommend creative PR and communication strategies in coherence with the Group's brands and the territories' cultural specificities. You drive day-to-day execution of global communication plans and support our subsidiaries in the implementation of their PR campaigns.
Your principal responsibilities will be as follows:
- Strategic planning: Elaborate compelling EMEA PR & Communication strategies for your portfolio based on the marketing plans.
- Budget management: Manage your allocated PR & Communication budget and report it monthly. Compute the ROI of all your actions, produce post mortems and suggest way to improve.
- Coordination: Coordinate the planning (assets delivery, press releases) with central and local Marketing and PR teams, North American and Japanese counterparts and external 3rd party publishers.
- Press Releases: Write and secure approval for press releases and email blasts. Timely distribution of press releases on dedicated channels via local PR teams. Gather coverage planning and manage reports from local PR teams.
- Assets management: Liaise with internal teams (Production, Engineering) and external partners on the delivery of PR versions of games to European PR teams, in accordance with our corporate security policy.
- Reporting: Compile, write and distribute weekly PR updates and monthly detailed coverage reports including PR events.
- Press tours: Create, execute and participate in events created by you and the EMEA team.
- Competitive watch: Keep abreast of competitive developments in the PR Entertainment field in order to improve the Group's communication strategies.
Experience, qualification and skills:
- A minimum of 6 year experience in PR and Communication in an international set up in the video game or entertainment industry
- Master's degree in Communication and/or Marketing
- Ability to deliver first class written and verbal presentations
- Comprehensive knowledge regarding PR & Entertainment
- Deep cultural knowledge of video games, music, movies, entertainment, books
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Excellent communicator, capable of establishing trustworthy relationships with stakeholders
- Creative thinker with common sense
- Strong team player in a multi-cultural environment
- Passionate, leader, strong drive, proactive, service-oriented
- Ability to adapt to fast changing circumstances and to get the job done
- Capable of identifying potential problems/issues and react/advise accordingly
- Project oriented, capability to handle several projects at the same time
- Autonomy and organizational skills
Location: 51 rue des Docks, 69009 LYON - FRANCE
Start date: as soon as possible
Type of contract: full time (permanent)
Remuneration: dependent on profile