Bandai Namco Europe (BNEU) is a leading global publisher and developer of entertainment content for platforms including all major video game consoles and PC.
BNEU is the western content hub of Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc.(BNEI), and is building its reputation with franchises such as LITTLE NIGHTMARES™, THE DARK PICTURES ANTHOLOGY, and the upcoming UNKNOWN 9™ Awakening - developed by the recently acquired Reflector Entertainment based in Montreal, QC.
Part of the Japanese Bandai Namco group, an entertainment industry leader with a presence in video games, toys and amusement parks, Bandai Namco Europe has 15 international offices with operations in 50 countries around the world.
Our company motto is 'Fun for all into the future'! Find out why you should join the Bandai Namco Europe family in Lyon, France by watching this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GnkNb70G3o
Within the Business Intelligence department of the EMEA Headquarters and reporting to its Manager, you provide internal business leaders with accurate and relevant quantitative/qualitative analyses about the entertainment industry through data mining & our internal databases.
Your principal responsibilities will be as follows:
- Propose new data analysis methodologies for our different data sources and internal needs
- Assist the market research and business analysis activities by providing data-led insights
- Create new statistical models to help identify the next trends within our industry
- Participate to the Business Intelligence department development on new and innovative best practices
In order to succeed in these missions, you will work in closely with the products / brand managers and the different departments' analysts. You will also have the opportunity to work on famous titles on the different gaming platforms.
This internship will allow you to develop skills in strategic marketing within the video-game industry.
- Currently enrolled in a master' s degree in Econometrics / Statistics
- A first experience in data analysis / data science is a plus
- Hands-on experience with Excel and SAS
- Knowledge R or Python
- Proficiency in English and French, both written and oral
- Good understanding of the video games industry is appreciated
- Good analytical and modelling skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team
- Capable to adapt to an international work environment
- Good communications skills and force of persuasion
- Creative and proactive
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English. Applications submitted in any other language will not be considered.
Job location: 15, rue Felix Mangini, 69009 LYON - FRANCE / This position is not eligible to full remote
Start date: asap
Contract: internship (no work-study program)
Remuneration: dependent on degree level (from 1,000€ up to 1,100€ per month)
Benefits: flexible working hours, 2 teleworking days per week, lunch vouchers, reimbursement of public transportation costs, work council advantages (gift vouchers, discount on services...), new building with various facilities (gym room, gaming room, nap room, car/bike/scooter parking, cafeteria and coffee corners...)